Geezer Gassers Guidelines & Directives
These guidelines are presented as the basis and foundation for the group and our motto” Drag Racing The Old Way”. It is our belief and focus that all the
vehicles competing directly resemble as closely as reasonably possible the gas
class vehicles of the mid 60’s – the so called “Gasser Wars” relived. Anything
that makes a vehicle look or act like current generation “bracket car” is cause
for immediate disqualification from participation. All decisions made by the
technical staff relating to appearance and safety are final. Our focus is safety,
entertainment, putting on a good show and having fun. Competitive spirit is
welcome, bad attitudes are not. These rules are subject to change and interpretation by the Geezer Gassers technical team. All decisions are
- All vehicles will be required to meet the safety criteria of the
sanctioning body or host track affiliation i.e. NHRA, IHRA, Goodguys
- Chassis certifications are encouraged for all vehicles, but
- Track or sanctioning body technical inspectors have
the final word.
- Absolutely NO electronic engine, transmission, or power train
controls are permitted in competition.
- This includes but not limited to:
- Delay boxes
- Throttle Stops
- Crossover boxes
- Data recorders/monitors/playback systems
- Traction control/monitors/regulators
- Infrared starting line systems
- Air Shifters
- Exceptions to the rule are:
- Line locks
- Trans brakes
- Rev limiter/Playback tachometers/Ignition boxes
- Rev limiters can be used only as engine protection. They are not to be
used for launch or start line process.
- BODY TYPES & Suspension
- All body type must be based on a 1952 or earlier year of production.
- Fiberglass reproductiona of complete bodies as well as components are
- All bodies must retain the appearance of the original.
- No body enhancements or aerodynamic improvements are permitted
- This will include but not limited to:
- Raised quarter panes or rear fenders
- Wings or airfoil spoilers
- Pro stock or snorkel type hood scoops
- Period type/correct paint schemes are required
- No present day graphics or schemes are permitted.
- Primer is OK – any color or tinting
- Any lettering – driver identification, sponsorship, nicknames must be in
good taste – permanent paint or vinyl lettering is acceptable.
- Front suspension – straight axle front ends, suspension of the ’60’s a
- Rear suspension – parallel leaf springs, transverse leaf
springs, coil overs and ladder bars are acceptable. 4-link suspension will be
considered on individual competition basis.
- Wheels from the period are the only ones accepted i.e. aluminum slots,
Cragars, Halibrands, painted steel wheels are the first choice. Absolutely no
late generation billet or spun aluminum’s i.e. Centerlines, Welds are
- POWER TRAIN
- This is a “GAS” class, therefore ABSOLUTELY NO ALCOHOL, NITROMETHANE,
or other exotic type fuels or additives are permitted. NO NITROUS OXIDE IS
- Engines are permitted, any OEM or after market iron or
aluminum cylinder head.
- Superchargers are restricted to Roots type
only, no larger than 8:71. No screw, Whipple or centrifugal type.
- No exhaust driven turbochargers.
- Any OEM or after market iron or aluminum intake is permitted. Carburetor
or mechanical fuel injection may be used for fuel delivery alone or with
- Any transmission may be used to include full automatic,
stick shift or manual, clutch flite or hydromatic.
- Any ignition type i.e. magneto, points, transistorized or MSD.